Life, Running, & Medicine.
Notes on life as I see it.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Running Hot

The past two weeks have brought the heat down in the ATL.  I've been doing a lot of running indoors, including the treadmill and elliptical.  I (barely) completed a 10 miler sunday, mostly limited I think by a tanked-up stomach and some leg cramping (lets hope anyway).  I ran strong on the treadmill today, averaging a 8:20 pace or so with 2% incline... and NOTHING on TV.
 
Leading up to the Chicago Marathon are the Grant Park 5K, the US 10K Classic and the Buckhead Sizzler 10K.  I also just learned of another 10K (officially certified) to support research at Grady.  All these 10K's hopefully will help keep my pace-training on track.
 
I'm also approaching the marathon with a little weight loss in mind.  Hopefully I can dump about 10-15 lbs the next 6 weeks to make the run all the easier... we'll see...

No comments: